Manchester mosque targeted in a suspected arson attack causing 'significant' damage

Patrice Gainsbourg
Julho 17, 2017

An investigation is underway after a mosque in Manchester was targeted by a suspected arson attack.

Five fire engines arrived on the scene at Nasfat Manchester Islamic Centre at around 11:45pm last night (July 16), the BBC said.

Greater Manchester Police has not yet confirmed whether the fire is part of a hate crime, but has said it is treating the incident as suspicious and it is working with Greater Manchester Fire Service on an investigation.

Mosque spokesman Shamusideen Oladimeji added: "It has been seriously damaged - the police won't let us in".

Israel reopens Al Aqsa mosque, but Muslims refuse to enter
An Israeli police spokesman called the three assailants terrorists and said they were targeting police units in the areas. With the end of 2015 in Israel recorded a spate of attacks on Israelis by Palestinians and Israeli Arabs.

"We don't know why this happened".

Plumes of smoke could be seen across the city after Manchester Nasfat Islamic Centre caught alight at around 11.40pm yesterday.

In the latest attack, pictures from the scene show flames erupting from the roof of the single-storey building.

According to Metro News, the mosque has been previously targetted with two pigs' heads thrown in the building at a hour when people were praying. The official added there was no one inside the centre at the time. Moreover, a minibus - the centre uses to gerry young and elderly visitors to the mosque - was destroyed in an arson attack in 2014.

Outros relatórios LazerEsportes

Discuta este artigo

SIGA O NOSSO JORNAL