Police release text Texas teen sent before she was electrocuted in bathtub

Patrice Gainsbourg
Julho 18, 2017

Madison Coe, from Lovington, New Mexico, sent a text message to a friend of her phone plugged into an extension cord just moments before she died.

Investigators with the Lovington Police Department have released the last photo a Texas teen sent before she was electrocuted while taking a bath.

'When you use and (sic) extension cord so you can plug in your phone while you're in the bath, ' the text read.

Her parents are publicizing the tragedy in an attempt to raise awareness about the potential danger of texting while bathing.

Her grandmother Donna O'Guinn revealed that the tragic girl had "burn marks" on her hand from when she touched the device.

She was electrocuted early Sunday morning while in a bathtub and using a phone that was plugged into a charger. Officials said that the girl died after touching the frayed part of an extension cord that had water in it. There will be a balloon/candlelight memorial following the memorial service, 6:30 p.m.at Terra Vista Middle School for all who would like to attend.

Recaro-Kindersitz fällt bei Crashtests durch
Bei dem Grand-Sitz von Jané hielt die Isofix-Verbindung den Kräften beim Aufprall nicht stand und löste sich ebenfalls. Wer bereits einen dieser Autokindersitze gekauft hat, soll sich an den Anbieter wenden, empfehlen die Tester.

Coe's relatives reportedly told the news station that she might have charged her cellphone while in the bathtub, or grabbed her phone while it was charging before it dropped into the tub.

Madison has been remembered by her family and friends as a keen basketball fan and tuba player. There were plans for her to attend high school in Houston. Electricity and water do not mix. "It's not uncommon for her to spend two hours to two and a half hours in the bathtub", explained her stepmother, Felisha Owens.

'She was very smart. She just loved life, ' O'Guinn said.

According to her grandmother, Coe was very sweet and managed to endear herself to just about anyone when she was still alive.

"This is such a tragedy that doesn't need to happen to anyone else". The family is now trying to discourage people from using their cell phones in the bathroom while it is plugged on to the electrical socket to charge.

A GoFundMe page has been set up for anyone who would like to help the family with medical and funeral expenses.

Outros relatórios LazerEsportes

Discuta este artigo

SIGA O NOSSO JORNAL