Two more sanitation workers die in Delhi after inhaling toxic gas

Oceane Deschanel
Agosto 13, 2017

Last Sunday, after two persons died while cleaning a drain in Lajpat Nagar, Delhi water minister Rajendra Pal Gautam directed officials to set up a multi-department vigilance committee to monitor all drain and sewer cleaning.

The deceased were identified as brothers Jahangir, 24, and Izaz, 22, who had gone to the Aggarwal Fun City Mall in Anand Vihar to clean a sewage tank with their father, Yusuf, 50.

Another worker and fireman, who were trying to rescue the trapped workers, are admitted to a hospital after they too inhaled the toxic gas. "The incident happened around 1 pm", the police officer said.

Police further said the victims were privately hired contractual labourers and were not wearing any safety gear.

Solar eclipse: When New Yorkers can see the phenomenon
A Fort Hood official said the post's solar panel field, which powers a portion of the post, will not be affected by the eclipse. If you would like to see 100% totality , you will have to travel roughly 280 miles from Roanoke or a little under 4.5 hours.

The brothers were residents of Sahibabad, Uttar Pradesh, which borders Delhi.

Three sanitation workers went into a clogged sewage tank in Shahdara on Saturday, but only one of them returned alive. Fireman Head Constable Mahipal who went to rescue them also inhaled the gas and felt dizzy.

All of them were rushed to the Hedgewer Hospital, where Jahangir was declared dead on arrival while Izaz died during treatment. "A case under IPC Section 304 (punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder) has been registered and the matter is being probed", the DCP said. "We have sent the bodies for post-mortem and are awaiting the reports", said the DCP.

In a similar incident, four sanitation workers died of suffocation while cleaning a septic tank in South Delhi's Ghitorni area on July 14.

Outros relatórios LazerEsportes

Discuta este artigo

SIGA O NOSSO JORNAL