Morocco's king offers condolences over Barcelona attack

Rebecca Barbier
Agosto 19, 2017

President Trump spoke with Spanish President Mariano Rajoy on Friday to offer condolences following a deadly terrorist attack in Barcelona, Spain on Thursday.

1pm - police say a fourth suspect had been arrested. US cable networks have gone live with coverage of what Barcelona police was a "massive" act of terrorism in Spain's second-largest city. There is no official confirming for these versions, but the chief of the Police of Catalunya, Josep Luis Trapero, anticipated Friday the possibility that the driver of the truck that attacked dozens of passers-by in Barcelona, would have been one of the killed terrorists. This was also the largest cell of Islamic State operatives in Europe since the attacks in Paris and Brussels in late 2015 and early 2016.

Trapero says that the Cambrils and Barcelona attacks are linked as is an abandoned van and a house south of Barcelona destroyed in an explosion in which a man was killed and several injured on Wednesday night. Police believe the explosion, which killed one person and injured seven others, was caused an attempt to make explosive devices.

- In the early hours of Friday morning, five armed attackers drove a vehicle through a crowd of people in the town of Cambrils, 75 miles southwest of Barcelona.

They shot and killed five people earlier today who were wearing fake bomb belts as they attacked the seaside resort of Cambrils with a speeding auto.

So far France appears to have the most citizens among the injured, reporting 28 wounded with eight gravely hurt.

Stoke City vs Arsenal
Per Mertesacker and Shkodran Mustafi are available to play this weekend , giving Wenger more options to choose from defensively. He is unlikely to start in this game since he has just arrived but he might make an impact appearance from the bench.

"They were trying to make explosives out of butane gas among other things", he said the media. "I cannot understand how could this happen", said Jose, an eyewitness of Thursday's attack.

Spanish authorities on Saturday said they are maintaining the country's current terrorist threat alert at level 4, as reported by the Associated Press.

Thirteen people were killed when a van ran over crowds in the Las Ramblas area of Barcelona.

Suspects in Spain's twin terror attacks had been planning an even bigger assault than the deadly auto rampages they carried out, police said, as distressing details emerged of families torn apart in the horror.

One is just 17 years old.

Outros relatórios LazerEsportes

Discuta este artigo

SIGA O NOSSO JORNAL